Buckle up, LONEWOLF are back with their new album “Division Hades”!
The new album is a mix of the LONEWOLF sound from their early days, paired with the epic sound as known from “Heathen Dawn”.
The addition of a new lead guitarist obviously had an impact on the songwriting, as each guitarist has an own style. Damien, the band’s new guitarist, already played on the first 3 albums, and brought this “old” feeling and memories back.
Musically, you will get what you expect from a LONEWOLF album: True heavy metal – mostly the German way!
Influences by bands like Running Wild or Grave Digger are (and will always be) noticeable, and combined with LONEWOLF’s own identity, “Division Hades” turned out to be the band’s strongest album so far.
True to the motto “never change a running system”, LONEWOLF continued working with the same talented people: The sound, clear yet very powerful, has again been mixed and mastered by Charles Greywolf (Powerwolf) at Studio Greywolf in Germany. And the artwork has again been done by the very talented Péter Sallai (Sabaton, Hammerfall, Korpiklaani) in the pure tradition of the latest releases, meaning he delivered a great artwork that fits this strong album perfectly.
Lyric-wise the album deals with our misdirected society, touches the topic of rebellion but is simply about heavy metal as well. There are also 2 songs that deal with the loss of a parent, and the life after loss. Another one is a tribute to Mark “The Shark” Shelton, whose death shocked the metal scene. Manilla Road always had a huge influence on LONEWOLF, so they had to write something about him.
Last but not least, “Division Hades” marks the band’s 10th studio album, and therefore it had to include something special:
The CD Digipak comes with a bonus disc, entitled “Into The Past We Ride”, that contains both old and some very rare re-recorded tracks covering the time span between the band’s first demo tapes until the second fulllength album. Not only fans will enjoy old stuff with a new sound, played by one of the best line-ups LONEWOLF ever had – that’s for sure!
• The 10th album of the French true metal outfit LONEWOLF – available as 2-CD Digipak, limited edition Vinyl LP as well as download & stream.
• Produced by Lonewolf at Microclimat Studio.
• Recorded by Xavier Sindt in Grenoble, France.
• Mixed and mastered by Charles Greywolf at Studio Greywolf in Saarwellingen, Germany.
• Cover artwork by Péter Sallai / Mortpaintgraphics.
• Backing vocals by Yves Campion (Nightmare, Archon Angel), Fabrice Emmanuelson (Rising Steel, Whisky Of Blood, Ellipsis), Glenn “Ovulator” Syllath (Grand Bouc Noir, Helegion), Damien “Norde Metalheart”.
• All keyboards played by Jonathan Dagenais.
CD 1 – Division Hades
01. The Last Goodbye
02. The Fallen Angel
03. Division Hades
04. Manilla Shark
05. Underground Warriors
06. To Hell And Back (InstruMETAL)
08. Lackeys Of Fear
09. Silent Rage
10. Drowned In Black
CD 2 – Into The Past We Ride
01. The Call (Intro)
02. Into The Battle We Ride
03. The Dark Throne
04. Towards The Light
05. Forgotten Shadows
06. The Forgotten Valleys Of Hades
08. Witch Hunter
10. Erik The Red
– Jens Börner – Vocals & Guitars
– Damien Capolongo – Guitars
– Rikki Mannhard – Bass
– Bubu Brunner – Drums
BONUS CD LINE-UP
– Jens Börner – Vocals
– Dryss Boulmédaïs – Guitars, Lead Guitar & Bass
– Bubu Brunner – Drums