“Acid River” is not a concept album in the traditional sense but has a common thread (the acid river) which leads through the album and its songs.
The main theme is the breaking in from an occult world in our reality, which is being described by different stories.
The songwriting process was more spontaneous and flexible than before, and every band member had the opportunity to contribute to the process.
The sound and working method are reminiscent of the making-of the band’s debut “Ashore The Celestial Burden”. DARK MILLENNIUM are satisfied with the result as this marks a new chapter that is based on a familiar approach.
Cover artists Alexander Freund captured the atmosphere and the mood of the album perfectly.
Regarding sound and production, DARK MILLENNIUM took the old analog road, using their original equipment from guitars, amps, drums to an analog mixing desk and tape, having the old sound spirit in mind that carried their tunes.
• The 5th studio album of DARK MILLENNIUM – available as CD Digipak, limited edition vinyl LP as well as in digital formats.
• Produced by Dark Millennium at WIDE NOISE Studio.
• Recorded, mixed and mastered by Hilton Theissen at WIDE NOISE Studio.
• Cover artwork by Alexander Freund.
01 – The Verger
02 – Godforgotten
03 – Threshold
04 – Lunacy
05 – Essence
06 – Vessel
07 – Death Comes In Waves
– Christian Mertens – vocals
– Hilton Theissen – guitars
– Michael Burmann – guitars
– Gerold Kukulenz – bass
– Andre Schaltenberg – drums