Old-school brutal melodic death metal, that’s what you get when you’ll listen to VORACIOUS SCOURGE’s debut album “In Death”!
The band is expanding on the musical direction from their debut EP “Our Demise”.
The song writing took place over the course of a year and half and saw each one of the band members go through their own trials and tribulations. The result of their perseverance through those times is more than what they could have hoped for.
“In Death” contains strong compositions mixed with memorable melodies and catchy hooks sprinkled about as if salting a slab of raw meat.
The songs are dealing with inner torment, the grisly tale of the bubonic plague, false prophets of all religions, breaking free of the suffocating grip of religious and/or governmental control, and a gruesome tale of punishment doled out under the treads of a 60 ton steel beast.
If the line-up itself of VORACIOUS SCOURGE isn’t enough, “In Death” also contains guest solos from two of metals most revered guitar players: Andy LaRocque and James Murphy, together for the first time ever shredding it up on the same track.
VORACIOUS SCOURGE is the brainchild of Suture guitarist and songwriter Jason McIntyre and features a cast of notable talent that brings his musical vision to life: Leading the assault is vocalist Adrie Kloosterwaard, veteran vocalist for Dutch death metal legends Sinister. Holding down the beats is none other than pioneering drummer Mike Smith, who influenced a generation of drummers with his work in Suffocation. And, last but not least, world renowned Grammy nominated producer and bass player Tony Choy, who is best known for his work with technical wizards Atheist and Death metal pioneers Pestilence. Joining them is guitarist Billy Richard, who’s also playing in Cranial Sledge.
• The debut album of the death metal outfit VORACIOUS SCOURGE – available as CD Digipak, limited edition Gatefold Vinyl LP as well as download & stream.
• Produced by Jason McIntyre.
• Vocals produced by Bajc Iztok at The Zone Studios.
• Drums recorded at Smithblast Studios in Long Island, New York.
• Bass recorded at Tony Choy Music Studios in Miami, Florida.
• Mixed and mastered by Jörg Uken at soundlodge Studio.
• Intro composed and arranged by Denis Mauko.
• Sound design by Dame Tomoski.
• Cover artwork by John Quevedo Janssens.
• Ghislain Van Der Stel (Sinister): Bass on “Tank Tread Evisceration” and “Born Dead”
• Simon Škrlec (Vulvathrone): Drums on “Tank Tread Evisceration”
• Tony Tipton (Regurgitation): Second lead guitar solo on “Mental Enslavement”
• James Murphy (ex-Death, ex-Testament): First lead guitar on “Voracious Scourge”
• Andy LaRocque (King Diamond): Second lead guitar on “Voracious Scourge”
• Chad Kelly (Excommunicated): Backing vocals on “Voracious Scourge”
01. Retribution Of The Damned (Intro)
02. Heaven’s Scorched
03. Defleshed Messiah
04. Voracious Scourge
05. Mental Enslavement
06. In Death
07. A Life Condemned
08. Harbinger Of Our Own Demise
09. Tank Tread Evisceration
10. Born Dead (Death Cover)
– Adrie Kloosterwaard – Vocals
– Jason McIntyre – Guitars
– Billy Richard – Guitars
– Tony Choy – Bass
– Mike Smith – Drums